Pre-Health Engagement Certificate
The Pre-Health Engagement Certificate will give students the ability to define the steps taken to prepare for a career in the health professions through advising, professional school discussions, research presentations, community engagement, and clinical volunteering. Students who have earned the certificate and choose to participate with the Pre-Health Evaluation Committee will be given priority interviews, if all other requirements are met.
To earn the certificate, students must:
- Attend the Orientation for First- and Second-year Pre-Health Students (offered twice per year)
- Submit a draft resume or Curriculum Vitae to email@example.com
- Attend at least 3 Pre-Health related events, one per semester, and complete a Reflective Essay for each event.
Examples: information sessions, mock MCAT sessions, public health grand rounds, research presentations
- Complete at least 30 hours of clinical volunteering (not shadowing) and complete the Volunteer Record.
- Attend at least 2 community engagement events (campus or community events) and complete a Reflective Essay for each event.
Examples: on-campus speakers, community events, off-campus speakers