Job Search Prep Check List
- Completed version of resume and cover letter(s), reviewed by Academic and Career Advisor.
- Identified three individuals who will serve as references.
- Prepared portfolio or work samples to highlight experience and skills.
- Completed informational interviews with at least two industry professionals.
- Set up public profile in Handshake.
- Completed profile in LinkedIn.
- Set up professional-sounding answering machine/voice-mail message and a neutral/professional e-mail address.
- Secure an appropriate interview suit.
- Broadly explore industries, jobs, and organizations to generate your job options wish list.
Resources for Finding Job Leads
- Online job sites
- Professional associations
- Career fairs
- General employment agencies
- Employer open interviews
First Destination Survey
Starting the next chapter of your life as a new Syracuse University alumnus is always exciting. New doors open and the possibilities are endless. We’d love to hear from you once you have secured a job to start your career, or enrolled in a graduate school program. Please take a few minutes to fill out your graduation survey. You’ll see trending jobs for your major, where your classmates are working and top employers that hired from your school or college. In turn, your response provides crucial data to your classmates on job, salary and industry trends.
Your privacy is very important to us and your name/email will not be used in any of the survey results.