Parents and Families Series
Parents and families are a vital resource in the success of their students’ transition to college. To further our connection with you and to open the dialogue on how you can support your student (while letting them take the initiative), we have developed a series of virtual meetings with information tailored to you.
Becoming Orange - Parents and Families Sessions!
We invite you to join us via Zoom once per month over the summer, to discuss important topics about college preparation, how to support your students in this transition, and to answer questions you might have. A team of exploratory advisors and directors from our office will be leading these interactive sessions; schedule is as follows, and we encourage you to register in advance by clicking the links below:
You can access slide decks from previous sessions by clicking on the appropriate link:
- Wednesday, May 24, 2023, 7-8 pm EST (click here to access slide deck for Session 1)
- Topics: About the Office of Academic and Career Advising, Advisor Role, Registration Preparation, Where to Find Information
- Wednesday, June 14, 2023, 7-8 pm (click here to access slide deck)
- Topic: Exploring the Health Professions: an overview of what it means to be “pre-health”, additional advising services to support students, how to plan the next four years at Syracuse, and course schedule for Fall classes.
- Wednesday, June 21, 2023, 7-8 pm EST (click here to access slide deck for Session 2)
- Topics: Engagement and Career Exploration