African American Studies
201 Sims Hall
American religious history.
- "Race and Religion in Nineteenth-century America," in Perspectives on American Religion and Culture, ed. Peter Williams, Cambridge: Blackwell Publishers, 1999.
- Book Review. Singing in a Strange Land: C. L. Franklin, the Black Church, and the Transformation of America, by Nick Salvatore, Little, Brown & Co. 2005, A.M.E. Church Review, March 2006.
- Book Review. Prophesying Daughters: Black Women Preachers and the Word, 1823-1913, by Chanta M. Haywood, University of Missouri Press, 2003, A.M.E. Church Review, March 2004.
- Book Review. Exodus! Religion, Race, and Nation in Early Nineteenth-Century Back America, by Eddie S. Glaude, Jr. University of Chicago Press, 2000, The North Star: A Journal of African-American Religious History 3:2 (Spring 2001).
- Book Review. Fire in his Heart: Bishop Benjamin Tucker Tanner and the A.M.E. Church, by William Seraile, University of Tennessee Press, 1998, The North Star: A Journal of African-American Religious History 3:2 (Spring 2000).