PhD Student and Teaching Assistant
● Degree: Began PhD program in 2023
● Concentration: Modernist literature
● Advisor: Antonio Tiongson
Magnolia is a PhD student interested in the impact of scientific and metaphysical paradigms on English literature, particularly throughout the 20th century in parallel with the advent of quantum mechanics. Her research focuses on philosophies of time, memory, history, recurrence, and causality as interpreted through literary and scientific lenses, as well as the destabilization of Newtonian causality and linear time in Modernism and Postmodernism.
● B.A. English, Williams College
● B.A. Chemistry, Williams College