436 Hall of Languages
- Degree: Began PhD program in 2016
- Concentration: British Literature (Early Modern)
- Advisor: Stephanie Shirilan
Deyasini is a PhD student whose research focuses on early modern English drama and poetry. Her research and teaching interests lie at the intersection of disability studies, premodern critical race theory, gender studies, and historical phenomenology. She is currently writing her dissertation on “abnormal” bodily presentations in the works of Shakespeare, Spenser, and others, and the cultural work they perform. Her dissertation interrogates "deviation" as an ongoing and carefully constructed process rather than an essentialist condition. Through her research, she hopes to gain a better understanding of what it means to inhabit the “monstrous” and the “habitual” body in the early modern world..
- M.A. English, Jadavpur University (India)
- B.A. English, Jadavpur University (India)